Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards NEW STANDARDS ADOPTED
Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards
NEW STANDARDS ADOPTED
The public is hereby notified that the following standards have been adopted as Saint Lucia National Standards.
Voluntary National Standards
- SLNS/CRS 54: 2014 Specification for Cement (CRS 54: 2014, IDT) 1st Edition.
- SLNS/ISO 13009: 2015 Tourism and Related Services - Requirements and Recommendations for Beach Operation (ISO 13009: 2015, IDT). 1st Edition.
- SLNS/EN 10080: 2005 Steel Bars for the Reinforcement of Concrete - weldable reinforcing steel general (EN 10080: 2005).
- SLNS 71: 2003 Steel Bars for the Reinforcement of Concrete be withdrawn as superseded and obsolete.
- SLNS/ISO 9000: 2015 Quality Management Systems - Fundamentals and Vocabulary (ISO 9000: 2015, IDT ) 4th Edition.
- SLNS/ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management Systems - Requirements (ISO 9001: 2015, IDT) 5th Edition.
Mandatory National Standards
- SLNS 24: 2015 Specification for Wheat Flour 2nd Edition maintaining Mandatory Status as per Statutory Instrument No. 230 of 2000.
- SLNS 24: 1992 Specification for Wheat Flour be withdrawn as obsolete and superseded.
Formation of New Technical Committees/Sub Committees/Working Group
Approval granted to establish the Technical Committee for Conformity Assessment (CASCO) as TC 19 - with responsibility to mirror ISO CASCO Development Committee Work.
Approval granted to establish the Sub Committee for Potable Waters (SC 11) to operate under the auspices of the National Codex, Food Products and Food Safety Technical Committee (TC 1).
Approval granted to establish the Sub Committee for Fats and Oils as (SC 12) to operate under the auspices of the National Codex, Food Products and Food Safety Technical Committee (TC1).
Approval granted to establish the Refrigerant Working Group to operate under the auspices of the Mechanical Products and Practices Technical Committee as (TC 10).
Copies of the above mentioned standards can be purchased from the offices of the Saint Lucia Bureau of: Standards, Bisee Industrial Estate.
Mr. Wilbert King
Saint Lucia Standards Council
November 18, 2015